Chose ANS as Your Next Employer to be a RN Care Manager for My Choice Family Care
What’s different about a career in Nursing (RN) Care Management?
- It gives you the ability to serve a wide variety of clients
- It’s a departure from traditional nursing with opportunity to help others understand their diagnoses, manage their health, and improve their lives
- It makes you a valued member of a team collaborating with the medical community and improving outcomes for Members
- It provides you with many opportunities for professional development
- It doesn’t require weekends or holidays, just a limited on-call schedule
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Care Manager, My Choice Family Care
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: My Choice Family Care/ANS’ CMU
Reports To: Lead Supervisor
Area: Southeastern Wisconsin
Summary: A RN Care Manager is a member of the Interdisciplinary team responsible for the coordination of care management services to an assigned caseload of Family Care Members. The RN Care Manager is responsible for all medical and clinical components for any function, even those designated under case management. The RN Care Manager must meet with the CM to review the MCP/SP review and/or extend service authorizations, and sign the plans together. The RN Care Manager will collaborate with the CM to review member’s needs. Communication with the CM is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Complete the nursing portion of the MCO initial and comprehensive assessment and complete the MCP according to standardized procedures.
- Establish and monitor wellness and health promotion activities based on the Member’s assessment and identified personal and clinical outcomes.
- Re-evaluate the Member’s health and wellness, based upon Family Care standards and nursing best practices, to manage ongoing health and safety issues.
- Coordinate with primary and acute care systems for Members.
- Visit member after hospitalization, obtain d/c summary and DOC.
- Perform routine health monitoring activities, based on the Member’s need and MCO standards, for example, vitals and reviewing blood sugar monitoring results.
- In crisis situations provide appropriate assessment of psychiatric, behavioral or medical problems and implement interventions in conjunction with other members of the CMU Interdisciplinary team and Member supports, the Member’s physician and/or other community support professionals.
- Evaluate Members’ ability to safely manage, either by themselves, or through use of supports, their medication, medical care interventions and treatments, medical equipment, and access to health care services and educate as needed; Take appropriate measures to prevent the spread of infection and communicable diseases and instruct the Member and/or caregiver in these measures.
- Ensure that the Member’s physician or appropriate medical professional is notified when the Member has an acute change in condition.
- In collaboration with the other IDT staff, provide or arrange for services, supports or medical care that best support the Member’s identified outcomes, and monitor the effectiveness of these services and supports
- Update the Long Term Care Functional Screen for Members per guideline.
- Promote Members’ independence in functioning at home and in the larger community.
- Productivity expectations: 95%
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, experience and skills required:
- The Registered Nurse must have current license to practice in Wisconsin (A bachelor’s degree (BSN) is preferred) and have at least one (1) year of paid, formal (non-family ) experience working with a specific population (e.g. DD, ID, PD or Frail Elder) in community care management or related community.
- Demonstrable competence and experience required in one or more of the following areas: adult learning, needs assessment, training design, development, delivery and evaluation is required.
- Competence and experience in writing for training/learning environments highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing and facilitation skills required.
- Attention to detail, ability to plan and meet deadlines, and flexibility to quickly adapt required. Willingness and ability to develop necessary skill with relevant tools and software as needed.
- An unmatched degree of integrity, with highly developed skills in fostering synergy, enthusiasm, optimism and energy in the workplace. Firm and decisive about meeting policies, procedures, deadlines and goals a necessity.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to work cooperatively within company as a team player. Positive, can-do attitude. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in an effective, harmonious, respectful manner.
Language Skills: The RN Care Manger needs to have exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the abilities to elicit information, actively listen, dialog freely, verbalize ideas effectively and provide solutions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds when stocking office supplies.
Office Technology: Ability to utilize equipment, office software (i.e. Word, Excel) and web based applications to meet the needs of staff, co‐workers and ANS. Ability to utilize office equipment to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, mailings etc. Ability to utilize office equipment, prepare correspondence, reports, forms, mailings etc. Willingness and ability to develop necessary skill with relevant tools and software as needed.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Direct Services Competencies:
- Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change. Process the ability to change (or be changed) to fit circumstances. Adjust with ease.
- Approachability: Puts others at ease by listening, allowing adequate time for interactions, and giving undivided attention. Shows receptivity to message being delivered.
- Composure: Responds to Information and situations in a self-controlled manner. Maintains a calm compose manner during stressful times.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships, identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view: offers practical recommendations.
- Ethics and Integrity: Possesses strong set of core values and beliefs consistent with social, ethical and organizational principals. Confronts unethical situations.
- Informing: Communicates information in a clear manner by sharing appropriate amount and content of information. Chooses appropriate medium.
- Listening: Gives attention to speaker, demonstrates non-verbal cues showing interest, and responds with information or questions, ass appropriate.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
- Problem Solving: Gather sand analyzes information, identifies goals, explores and selects solutions, implements an action plan, and evaluates results.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to establish standards. Remains current regarding developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Time Management: Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
- Trust & Respect: Offers respect to all in the work environment adheres to high personal standards of acceptance, reliability, openness, and consistency of action with words.
How to Apply:
Option 1: Online Application
Option 2: Find us on Indeed
Option 3: Email us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ANS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer.